High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LCS Design Engineering Production and Sustainment (DEPS) Mission Module Calibration Administrator. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module (MM) Calibration Administrator tasks will include managing multiple maintenance data systems, generating maintenance schedules for multiple sites simultaneously, organizing and producing metrics/reports and related maintenance data. The candidate will manage the MM asset inventory, calibrating equipment, assist in maintaining the facility, managing spares, and hazardous material (HAZMAT), government-owned tools and test equipment, and Material Handling Equipment. Efforts may also include, but are not limited to scheduling any repair, calibration or certification, and replacement of General Purpose Test Equipment, Special Purpose Test Equipment, Ready For Use Test Equipment, as well as special handling equipment such as slings and harnesses under the direction of the Site lead/Deputy Program Management of Engineering (DPME).
- Participates on the engineering work team and supports other team members in experimental design, materials, equipment setup/maintenance and related issues
The candidate will be based in Port Hueneme, Ca and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module Calibration Administrator will assist in the pre-plan maintenance schedule and provide the schedule to the site’s maintenance manager for allocation of proper resources. The candidate will prepare for and support mission module Readiness in the following areas:
- Logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to the Mission Modules.
- Planned Maintenance (PMS) Planning
- Current Maintenance Planning (CSMP)
- Ship and Shore Availability Execution
- Navy Quality Assurance/Control
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Word, Project, Excel and Access
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment and effectively communicate customer initiatives, strategy and mission needs
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formally trained, operated and maintained Navy's Surface Warfare (SUW), Mine Countermeasure (MCM) and systems and inter-workings of the LCS Class MM program
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Work Authorization Forms (WAF) and Tag-Out Programs
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran