Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
General Dynamics Mission Systems is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Planning Manager at our Taunton, MA location. This candidate must have a strong material planning background with proven experience. Must possess extensive experience in MRP. In addition, the candidate will oversee and manage the material aspects of ongoing projects, will manage direct reports and will serve as a liaison between Manufacturing, Program Management, Engineering, and Contracts.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Leads members of operations team related to all aspects of material plan
• Ensures all material timelines are met or exceeded
• Provides leadership to team
• Mentors and develops other distribution operation personnel
• Identifies and solve complex problems
• Trains, develops and empowers high performance teams
• Manages cross-functional teams to achieve goals
• Acts as champion for material initiatives, continuous improvement and process improvements
• Is recognized leader and expert within material distribution and across the organization
• Trained in MRP and use of IFS tool
Must be able to travel 10% of the time. Applicant must be a US Citizen. Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran