High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent strongly preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to to put your government billing experience to use in processing moderately complex contract invoices.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Considerable knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CAS, DoD, DCAA, and DCMA billing requirements and audit activities.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of accounting software applications such as MS Excel, MS Outlook, Oracle
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Time-management skills
- High performance attributes
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachlor's degree in accounting or finance discipline is preferred.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran