Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for a senior advanced level Linux Virtualization Integrator to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’s fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with the government to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Linux Integrator will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employees will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Linux Virtualization Integrator will analyze, design, develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include armoring systems for Navy certification and accreditation; working with external vendors and customers; configuring lab environments and specifications. This individual is also responsible for requirements definitions, software/hardware critical item tests, etc, in addition to configuring and troubleshooting system hardware and software.
• Red Hat Linux Administration with a working knowledge of systems
• Provide architectural design and implementation of private, public or hybrid cloud platform, integration or delivery as a service and distributed computing
• Experience with OpenStack, AWS, Docker and other container/PaaS technologies
• Implementation and troubleshooting experience with various virtualization technologies and tools such as KVM, Hyper –V, cloud management
• Experience with generating and troubleshooting scripts (i.e.bash, python, perl)
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
• Experience with Kickstart creation and modification
• Experience with configuring network related hardware
• Must have solid technical communication skills and organizational skills
These skills are a PLUS
• Advanced certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Ability to read C++/Java code
• Experience with Cybersecurity (RMF, IAVA Management, etc.)
• Previous experience with the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran