General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a C2BMC Software Integrator. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows HW platforms from the OS up to the C2BMC developed applications.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
- Develop installation scripts to automate the system installation.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
- Coordinate execution of SW integration tests to verify system operation.
- Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during software integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found.
- Implementing Information Assurance directives on the systems to include running IA scans.
- Coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate must have proven troubleshooting skills
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change.
- Candidate must be skilled in software integration planning and execution.
- Candidate must have, or be able to develop, in depth expertise in the C2BMC concept of operations and user interface
- Candidate must have experience writing installation manuals.
- Must be able to write clear, concise system installation and configuration instructions.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with software developers, system administrators, and analysis and test engineers.
- The position requires previous experience in the integration of separate software components into a single system.
Strong technical skills in the following are required:
- Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and installing and configuring VMWare from the ground up.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code Additional highly desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with Java and object oriented development
- Experience with VM Horizon View
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word).
Occasional travel will be required for this position including support to installation and checkout at customer sites (including OCONUS).
- The individual should be able to take concepts gleaned from field and/or test lab experiences and develop applications/scripts which help to automate the integration process.
- Software/scripts produced may be one-time use or a more formal product developed with graphical user interfaces (GUIs), interfaces to various application software and configuration management.
- Applications/scripts developed by the software integrator must adhere to all program architecture and network requirements.
- Tools should be written with the understanding that future changes, program requirements will occur and must be incorporated into the integration tools.
- Modifications to fielded systems may also be required.
- Therefore the software integrator should be comfortable working with others outside the integration team to identify these changes and then incorporating them into the integration team tools.
- Although working as a team member to ensure desired tools meet the integration teams automation goals, the individual must be able to work independently to develop the software tools/scripts.
- The software integrator also supports integration testing on an as needed basis.
- Requires strong skills in JAVA development, Korn shell scripting; Linux and Windows operating system environments; and designing and developing extensible and configurable products to meet the requirements of future program releases .
- Windows power shell scripting is a plus. Knowledge of Install Anywhere and Install Jammer products a plus
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
SECURITY + REQUIRED