Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Bluefin Robotics is looking for a Senior Advanced Software Engineer to become a member of a dynamic, energetic software engineering team designing and developing state-of-the-art applications for autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). You will work on software encompassing the full life-cycle of AUV operations, from embedded vehicle control code to GUI-based tools for planning and monitoring. We will consider both junior and senior candidates.
· Designing, implementing and modifying next-generation AUV software
· Being the lead software developer on projects requiring software expertise
· Working on our AUV systems with engineers from other departments including Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, and Manufacturing and Marine Operations
· Working in office, light manufacturing, and at-sea environments
Required Experience and Qualifications:
· BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Excellent programming skills, specifically in C/C++
· User interface Web Development experience is a plus
· Able to work both independently and as part of a product development team
· Linux and Windows experience is highly desirable; hardware experience is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense Security Clearance, and willing to do so if requested
Position and Location:
This is a full-time position located in Quincy, Massachusetts
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran