Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience).
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is PREFERRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Systems Engineer to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’s fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with the government to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Entry-Level Systems Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employees will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
This Entry-Level Systems Engineer position is focused on Systems Engineering and design for Cyber Security and Information Assurance (IA) aspects of the system. Responsibilities include working with the team to help derive system and subsystem level requirements and corresponding design. Strength in documentation and management skills are a must. This position will support Customer meetings and tasking. This includes participation in weekly working groups to design new capabilities and improvements leading up to program milestone reviews. Additional responsibilities development of test procedures related to new design.
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or Information Assurance (IA)
• Strong understanding of the Systems Engineering process
• Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
• Shows initiative on assignments and professionally executes projects with direction
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Requirements Management database tool experience
• Systems Engineering design within a team
• Experience with IBM Rational DOORS or Telelogic DOORS
• Experience with advanced Excel concepts including pivot tables and nested formulas
• Experience in Excel Visual Basic for Applications (Excel-VBA) macro development
• Experience in Visual Basic Scripting (VBScript)
• Basic Linux command line navigation skills
• Experience with Security Engineering
• Experience on an Agile-Waterfall Hybrid Program
• Experience with Navy Submarine Design
• Experience with Combat Control System
• Experience working with the Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical Systems (SWFTS) Community
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran