General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
The GDMS Information Technology (IT) organization has an immediate opening for an experienced HR Portfolio Manager to join our growing IT team. In this role, the HR Portfolio Manager will work across the GDMS organizations, interfacing with HR employees, system administrators, analysts, developers, engineers, project managers, and all levels of management to manage HR demand, improve and automate HR processes, and provide solutions for our internal customer’s business challenges.
The HR Portfolio Manager is a position that works together with our HR partners to oversee all aspects of the various applications in the portfolio including iCIMS, PeopleSoft, RedCarpet, Online Org Chart, and various other HR systems. The HR Portfolio Managers responsibilities include ensuring the IT support team is effectively working together to enhance the systems, quickly resolving open issues, effectively managing licenses and ensuring the system are running at optimal performance levels. In addition, the manager will work directly with the user community to build roadmaps, plan and prioritize existing and future work, and deliver value and enhancements to the system to meet and exceed the user community’s expectations.
Key Responsibilities – General
- Responsible for all the HR Applications including iCIMS, PeopleSoft, Redcarpet, Cornerstone, and other HR related applications and workflows. Meet both day-to-day tactical requirements along with spearheading the strategic direction of the applications.
- Responsible for the development of short, medium, and long-term technology and operational strategies aligned with business imperatives.
- Assist in setting the strategic and operational vision for HR applications.
- Understand industry best practices and new technologies; drive an innovative culture within the IT organization.
- Responsible for developing and mentoring a diverse team of technical staff.
- Responsible for overseeing major project initiatives, working closely with project management to ensure successful delivery of project outcomes and deliverables.
- Responsible for budget ownership and performance to target.
- Ensure the highest quality of services through effective monitoring, reporting and analysis of the applications.
- Ensure that IT people, processes, and technologies are developed and implemented in line with business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for adherence to GD-MS audit and security compliance policies.
- Perform Daily Monitoring and Maintenance
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Lead, plan, and execute projects or small initiatives managing high risk, high profile, tight schedule, and complex outcomes with composure.
- Proven organizational skills including: leading initiatives and modest projects; a facility to handle multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously; a track record of exercising independent judgment appropriately; and the ability to quickly understand and execute complex assignments when working on high profile outcomes with inherent risk.
- Solid presentation, oral/written communication, and inter-personal skills including the ability to: anticipate, influence & adapt to a wide range of audiences; cultivate relationships and leverage organizational understanding to facilitate decision making and buy-in.
- Proven experience developing solutions to complex problems that requires ingenuity, innovation and creativity.
- A history that illustrates flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and shows the ability to recognize need for change. Proven track record of being capable of working with significant uncertainty, resistance, barriers, issues and challenges; converting uncertainty into quantifiable impact, risk and mitigating actions.
- Modest business travel may be required
- Nationwide with preference for located at the Pittsfield, MA or Fairlakes, VA facilities.
The successful candidate should preferably be able to demonstrate:
- Experience with managing large application portfolios that are primarily SaaS based
- A deep understanding of HR business processes including Talent Management, Compensation Planning, Learning Management and Employee on-boarding
- Proven experience with customer engagement and working directly with HR business partners
- Experience documenting and improving business processes using modeling software tools
- Experience working with Disaster Recovery plans and testing the plans every year
- Experience supporting Internal Audits
- Experience handling “down system” situations and quickly resolving and recovering the system
- Experience upgrading systems and managing the day-to-day activities required to successfully upgrade a system
- Self-motivated with a strong capacity for finding creative solutions. Works well with peers to collaboratively find solutions.
- A solid familiarity with common software tools like: MS Visio, MS Excel, and MS Project