Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, and Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontract Administrator (SCA) to join our Fairfax, VA or Pittsfield, MA team. The Senior SCA is responsible for driving the performance and management of major subcontractors to ensure we receive and negotiate the very best terms and cost/schedule/technical performance from our subcontractors. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating subcontracts in a fast paced environment. In this capacity, the Senior SCA will:
In addition the qualified individual will:
• Establish and implement program plans that achieve the overall objectives of the business and program
• Meet target goals for subcontracts as established by senior management
• Understand the fundamentals of risk management and ability to apply them to programs
• Set subcontractor baselines – control change – drive performance to meet the business needs
• Effectively communicate program needs and requirements to the subcontract team
• Negotiate and execute teaming agreements
• Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation compliance
• Advanced leadership, delegation and team building skills
• Ability to coach and mentor the supply chain and program team
• International subcontracting experience is preferred
• Ability to travel in support of the business needs
Department of Defense Secret security clearance within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran