Associate's degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Submarine Fire Control Technical Writer (ILS) to join our team. The selected candidate will provide Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) for the AN/BYG-1 Tactical Control System (TCS). This position provides an opportunity to directly support one of our nation’s core defense/intelligence systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various General Dynamics Mission Systems and client technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Fire Control Technical Writer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The TCS program is looking for a former US Navy Submarine Fire Control Technician (FT) to provide subject matter expertise (SME) for Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) product development. The SME will serve as the system expert for the development of source for all ILS documents in each new TI (Technical Insertion) /APB (Advanced Process Build) cycle. This position includes managing System Notes, assessment of new trouble report tickets, and participating in IETM reviews/updates. This position also includes Training development and Training coordination support. Candidates are expected to have a clear understanding on how to grow their own knowledge base so that they will be the overall system functionality expert. This knowledge will be gained through research of specifications and planning documents, seeking software developer input via Q&A, hands on research and development using development assets in a lab, and through complicated procedural development.
• Understanding of US Navy Submarine operations
• User experience with the Submarine Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM)
• Strong experience with Submarine combat control systems operations, maintenance and testing
• Strong experience with Submarine Weapons handling functions including how to operate and maintain non-tactical computer systems and peripherals
• Experience in Training or Curriculum development (or in training validation and verification)
• Ability to travel both domestic and international as required (less than 30%)
• Ability to demonstrate skills in high first pass quality products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
• Preferred candidates will be familiar with the US Navy Submarine TI/APB process
• Preferred candidates will have attended AN/BYG-1 factory training at NUWC
• Former US Navy Rank E5 or above
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires former US Navy Submarine Fire Control Technician (FT) experience and an Associate's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran