Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred within a reasonable amount of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LCS Mission Module Sustainment Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) Mid-Level Technician. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The LCS Mission Module Sustainment Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) Mid-Level Technician will engage in Corrective Maintenance, Emergent Repair, and Preventative Maintenance involving GDMS Mission Module support of Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). The candidate will be responsible for the status and grooming of the assigned system under the direction of the Deputy Program Management of Engineering (DPME).
- Assists in the tests, operations, and modification of associated equipment and systems
- Participates on the engineering working team and supports other team members in experimental design, materials, equipment setup/maintenance and RHIB related issues
- Supports the Installation and removal of RHIB and various MM equipment on LCS ships
The candidate will be based in Mayport, FL and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITIES:
This position will require the ability to work from tech manuals, vendor documentation, schematics, and engineering drawing to supports the ship’s maintenance efforts.
LCS Mission Module Sustainment Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) Technician will be expected to be proficient in test equipment operations, pin insertion/extraction methods, cable repair/rework, connector repair/rework, and basic soldering. Additional duties may be assigned, including but not limited to logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to the Mission Modules.
LCS Mission Module Sustainment Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) Technician will be expected to become completely familiar with their system, with the goal of becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Candidate will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working over the side near water, in tight, restricted spaces onboard LCS Platforms, climbing scaffolding, ladders and standing for long periods of time onboard a LCS ship or pier and be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be able to pass forklift operators physical and proficiency tests
- The candidate may be responsible for working with a team of technicians, engineers, and government staff as appropriate
- Exercise creative thinking to advance our technical performance
- Experience with Navy maintenance, to include Ships Maintenance and Material Management (3M), Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance.
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Word, Project, Excel and Access
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment and effectively communicate customer initiatives, strategy and mission needs
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formally trained, operated and maintained Navy's Surface Warfare (SUW), Mine Countermeasure (MCM) and systems and inter-workings of the LCS Class MM program
- Experience with 11m Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIBS); Qualify as an operator and maintainer
- Experience in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Auxiliary supporting equipment, such as motor controllers, fuel conditioning, and damage control equipment
- Licensed Forklift Operator
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Work Authorization Forms (WAF) and Tag-Out Programs
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran