Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, a division of General Dynamics Mission Systems, operates a satellite communication equipment design and manufacturing facility in State College, Pennsylvania. The State College facility is an energetic and dynamic organization dedicated to building the highest reliability uplink and downlink equipment in the satellite industry. With a long history of innovation and a global customer base, the State College facility continues to expand its product offerings and increase its market share around the world. As SATCOM Technologies grows, we continually seek motivated and talented employees to join the team.
The General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies team has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Operations Lead.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Member of an operations team focused on producing commercial electrical mechanical products
• Provides leadership to team members on the product line
• Manages overall task according to business/project requirements, policies and procedures
• Works with other team members to establish measurements, monitor performance, establish processes and procedures
• Must be able to plan and track schedules, financial/budget data, and staffing requirements
• Performs analysis of work flow/load balancing and takes appropriate action
• Effectively resolves conflict of personnel within team per company policies
• Supports employee development and performance management of employees
• Take ownership and assume accountability on assigned tasks
• Regular communications with senior members of internal team
• Supports and leads continuous improvement activities
• Maintains process discipline within functional areas
• Some travel may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates planning and execution skills in support of projects or teams
• Demonstrates a high degree of skills and innovation in resolving business or project related issues
• Demonstrates use of influence skills to meet objective of team or project
• Ability to adjust individual and team activities to changing conditions
• Understanding of team roles and responsibilities
• Proficient ability to develop and analyze schedule and critical path
• Understanding of business environment and how team or project support division/company goals
• Proficient skills in budgeting, planning, problem solving and cost analysis
• Understanding of manufacturing technology and tools and their impact on efficiency, cost and quality
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
• Understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and experience in applying principles
• Working knowledge of IPC-A-610 a plus
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran