Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Cyber Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The development and testing of patches to fix vulnerabilities in Windows and RHEL, with primary focus on RHEL.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows and Solaris from the OS up to the application level.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration and unit test.
- Work with software developers and/or vendors as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during system integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found and coordinate daily integration activities with other team members.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a Sec+ or equivalent to start.
- DoDI 8570 certification (e.g., GSEC, Security+ CE, SCNP, SSCP)
- Experience in Linux system administration.
- Experience with installing and testing patches on Windows and Linux platforms is required.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures with the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system is required.
- Experience in configuring and administering with Linux and Windows Secure Host Baseline from the OS level up is desired.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows Scripting is desired.
- Experience in working with virtual environment to include installing, configuring, and administering the environments is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining). Solaris installation, use, configuration and patching experience is a plus
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran