Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering , Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Planner Software Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. Responsibilities include:
Applicant must be able to work independently with minimal guidance, research and solve problems quickly and work effectively with other software developers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Applicant must be proficient in Java and have had hands-on experience in object oriented design and development
- Software development is currently in an Eclipse IDE and target platforms are Windows and Linux
- Experience with the following COTS/Shareware is preferred: DOORS, maven, clearcase or git, clearquest or equivalent
workflow management tool, Enterprise Architect or equiv UML modeling tool, static code analysis tool (e.g. Fortify,
checkstyle, findbugs), JEE application
server (JBoss, Apache Tomcat)
- Experience desired with secure programming practices, Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance, STIG compliance,
client / server
programming techniques, and threaded programming
- Experience with Agile Development, Automated Testing, and Design by Contract a plus
- Must be willing to work in fast paced environment
- Minimal to no travel expected
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Background required includes experience in the integration of separate software packages into a single system
- Experience in the missile defense, strategic or tactical systems, domain desired
- Experience should include software generation (actual coding) and troubleshooting analysis for large integrated systems
- Prior work experience on requirement development, design refinement, coding and integration
- Knowledge of systems software design/development and military standards a plus
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran