High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, a division of General Dynamics Mission Systems, operates a satellite communication equipment design and manufacturing facility in State College, Pennsylvania. The State College facility is an energetic and dynamic organization dedicated to building the highest reliability uplink and downlink equipment in the satellite industry. With a long history of innovation and a global customer base, the State College facility continues to expand its product offerings and increase its market share around the world. As SATCOM Technologies grows, we continually seek motivated and talented employees to join the team.
Our General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies team has immediate openings for Electro/Mechanical Assemblers.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Performs project tasks/assignments of a more complex nature ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables
• Reading and interpreting basic schematics and drawings
• Follows methods, techniques, and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, & cable harnessing on subassemblies and units
• Accurately completes process paperwork and entering data into the applicable work order management system
• Supports continuous improvement activities and participates in problem solving activities
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area
• Normally follows established procedures on routine work with limited supervision, requires detailed instructions only on new assignments
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• General electro/mechanical manufacturing process skills
• Ability to interpret basic documents, work instruction, BOMs, and schematics
• General communication skills, both written and verbal
• General computer skills
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to exhibit adaptability/flexibility
• Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds
• General knowledge of IPC-A-610 a plus
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran