Bachelor's of Science degree or Technology degree in Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience is required
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Computer Operations Support Analyst (COSA). This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will be part of a team that reports to the C2BMC Watch Officer (CWO) and performs daily system monitoring, operations and maintenance of the C2BMC systems in a 24x7 operations and test environment.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provide first level technical support to the warfighter and perform initial troubleshooting of all local C2BMC hardware, software and networks
- Document and report all events/issues to the CWO and receive tasking and direction from the CCC for all operations, test & real world events
- Assist in all hardware/software installations as directed by the local SMEs and create and maintain user accounts per Cyber policies directed by the local ISSO
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with operations and maintenance of large-scale computer and communications systems/networking environments
- Experience in system and/or network administration (UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco and/or Juniper)
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software components
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Position requires 24x7 rotating shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Shift assignments include the Operations floor and/or the Distributed Training System (DTS).
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- Desired Skills: Experience and knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense Systems
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security + CE, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran