Bachelor's degree in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering, or in a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Hardware Engineer for Reliability, Availability and Maintainability. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Conduct analysis that supports the EOS/EOL (End of Sale/End of Life) program for COTS hardware/software in support of the C2BMC Operations, Maintenance and Sustainment Task Order.
- Conduct obsolescence/vanishing vendor research for system hardware and software by coordinating with OEM vendor contacts and data available to the public via the internet to obtain vendor announced EOS/EOL information.
- Lead development of engineering and program solutions to address and mitigate EOS/EOL issues by developing courses of action briefings to resolve the program impacts.
- Conduct sparing assessments through coordination with the C2BMC Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) team for hardware items no longer available from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
- Coordinate resolution with impacted functional area(s).
- Present solutions to management/task order leadership and government customer.
- Knowledge of DoD contract integrated logistics systems and processes
- Experience researching impact and solutions for obsolescence/vanishing vendor
- Knowledge of engineering drawing release processes, configuration management, and supply chain
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran