Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of adversary activities in cyberspace with an understanding of intrusion set TTPs
• Strong familiarity with APT activity and indicators of compromise
• Ability to analyze, produce, and disseminate analytical cyber threat products that assist in identifying threats, priorities, severities, and IA risk mitigation measures
• Ability to perform data analysis, aggregation, event correlation and information security threat definition
• Ability to engage with cyber intelligence analyst counterparts from industry and the US Intelligence community
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cyber Threat Analyst. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
• Formal training in intelligence analysis techniques
• Formal reporter training (IIRs, IC finished Intel reports, etc)
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, GCIH, Network+, Security+, A+, CCNA
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience authoring complex reports focused on Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity, intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and targeting of CDCs. Products are based on incident reporting, government reporting, and open source research.
13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran