Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in a systems or software engineering/project management role, particularly in SW development or IT systems
• Understanding and Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts, processes and work products (i.e. SRS, SDD, SSP, Test Plan).
• Demonstrated ability to actively and successfully engage with Customers, Mission Leads, Chief Architects and Developers
• Experience with designing and documenting enterprise systems
• Experience in requirements gathering, creation and definition
• Experience with Metrics Analysis and Generation
• Extensive experience and ability to manage workflow in a heavily matrixed organization, with multiple competing stakeholders
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and strong technical writing skills
• Experience with efficiently leading meetings (both technical and project status) with diverse audiences
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Digital Forensics Laboratory Project Manager. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
This position will be performed as a member of Cyber Forensics Lab (CFL) organization within the DoD Cyber Crime Center (DC3), a national cyber center. The position is located at the DC3 facility, and will require the candidate to work shoulder-to-shoulder with multiple government customers and DC3 Directorates. The candidate will act as a liaison between the lab and the technical solutions development team regarding lab projects that are in development. This includes requirements gathering for the lab infrastructure and development projects, collect and report updates for projects and resources which get integrated into the overall program integrated master schedule, and provide project status updates and metrics gathering for leadership. A successful candidate will have tangible experience as an IT systems engineer providing a holistic systems engineering approach to software development projects. The candidate will be expected to work with customers to collect and generate quality, well defined and testable requirements. The candidate will work closely with developers to guide design, development, and deployment of systems. The successful candidate will have project management expertise, having taken projects from requirements gathering through operations using sound engineering practice and rigor. The candidate will lead various reviews with the customer and technical exchange meetings with developers. The qualified candidate will be familiar with the software development lifecycle and system engineering processes. Candidate should have the ability to provide systems analysis of a software tool to assess its impacts on infrastructure, Information Assurance, and existing systems. The candidate will also assist in the development of new processes, SOPs, and process enhancements for the Software Development team. Candidate should have familiarity with producing, analyzing and evaluating organizational metrics. This position will have high visibility on the program, with regular engagement with senior program and government leaders.
• Experience or familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF) Compliance
• Systems Engineering Professional Certification (CSEP) preferred
• PMP Certification preferred
• Experience optimizing processes and workflows utilizing tools, technology, and people
• Ability to develop, track and maintain schedules
• Experience providing project status to customers at various levels
• Ability to successfully multi-task and work on a variety of projects simultaneously with varying resources, scope, and deadlines
• A background in Software or systems Engineering
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran