Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
• Intermediate/advanced experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Strong Software/IT Engineering background and experience
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux and/or general Linux
• Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to translate business requirements into information systems solutions.
• Able to work in a distributed team environment and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent verbal/written/communication skills
• Must be highly self-motivated and able to work independently
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD)
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Architect able to architect Cloud-based systems and maintain technical diagrams and documentation. The candidate shall manage architecture, configuration and implementation of the system. The selected candidate will engage and partner with internal and client personnel to understand specific systems and functional requirements. The candidate will help maintain the design of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) applications in an Agile environment.
The Senior Cloud Architect will be expected to perform any/all of the following roles and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure quality is built into the product early and is testable.
• Understand the test approach, methodology, and process for a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment
• Collaborate with other technical and non-technical team members, clients, and vendors in technology neutral language to define, build, and deliver solutions
• Document all Cloud solution architecture design and analysis work
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ or more years of Software Development and/or IT implementation experience
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Hands-on experience working with a team to design, develop and deploy of SaaS products using Agile Methodologies and cloud deployment solution
• Work experience with multiple partner clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Data Dog, Cloudflare
• Scripting and/or coding skills
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed
• AWS Certification
• Experience in NoSQL database technology such as MongoDB
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as FedRAMP, FIPS, HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
• Using Software engineering tools such as source control, continuous integration environments, coverage analysis.
• Working knowledge of Terraform, Jenkins, Bash, Chef, and/or Python
• Experience with firewall technologies
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran