Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Subcontracts Program Manager. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. This role will support the growing Surface Systems portfolio of programs including the US Navy Littoral Combat Ship, Electronic Warfare and RADAR systems, and others.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Partners with Support and Sustainment program leads to provide outstanding emergent action solutions to Customers
- Supports proposal activities with innovative solutions to meet Program needs and requirements
- Ensures purchase/complex requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order revisions, requests for quotes to suppliers, price or cost analysis for materials, components, equipment and services are processed
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned procurements to negotiate highest quality at best value
- Frequently interacts with peers, customers, suppliers, and functional peer group managers
- Leads the Supply Chain Management (SCM) efforts and is accountable for the suppliers' performance (commodities, services, subcontracts) in meeting the cost/schedule/technical needs of the business for both direct and indirect activities
- Drafts contractual instruments for the procurement of operations, or services, or subcontracts in accordance with General Dynamics's policies, contractual flow downs, Federal Acquisition Regulation, and federal/state/local laws
- Establishes negotiation strategies and negotiates the cost, schedule, and deliverables of the critical suppliers' commodities, or services, or subcontracts that meet the business needs
- Leads the negotiation with the supplier and is primary interface to the supplier in fact-finding, audits and negotiations
- Is a champion of process improvement and looks for continual improvement
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to balance numerous simultaneous actions and prioritize accordingly
- Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Expert analytical, written and communication skills
- Ability to lead cross functional teams in the procurement of commodities, or services, or subcontracts and/or management of the SCM process, policies, and procedures
- Ability to utilize influence management techniques with the General Dynamics, and Supplier Team to deliver solutions that meet or exceed the business needs
- Ability to take multiple inputs/views of a supplier's performance, and based on facts/experience make decisions on how to proceed
- Ability to plan and establish baselines, and develop key performance indicators, and metrics
- Strong ability to understand and manage the risks and opportunities of the supplier
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering or Technical degree preferred
- Five or more years of project management experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran