Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field (such as Information Systems) is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for a Cleared Cyber Security Engineer with at least 2 years of Cyber work experience to join our Tactical Control System (TCS) team. We provide the Navy's AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System software to the entire submarine fleet. This position provides an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technical support for the United States Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine Combat systems. Our close-knit team is passionate for delivering the best product to the Navy which directly helps the USN and RAN Sailors do their job to protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
• Proficient understanding of Cyber Security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST Standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53, and other government security specifications and guidelines
• Knowledge of security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection, two factor authentication, etc.
• Proficient knowledge of cyber security technology and trends
• Ability to participate in or lead security work groups
• Knowledge of computer hardware such as laptops, servers, etc.
• System administration experience with Red Hat Linux Operating Systems
• System administration experience with Windows Server, Windows Workstations.
• Works under limited direction and in fast-paced environments
• Creative thinker, good multi-tasker
• Excellent technical document preparation and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
The Cyber Security Engineer will help lead the engineering team in cyber security design efforts, cyber requirements analysis and cyber requirements flow down to the program elements. In addition, the entry-level engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Generates or supports the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation for the program
• Executes or supports execution of A&A activities
• Executes the security testing and evaluation to ensure the correct implementation of security requirements
• Executes security scanning and the analysis of the scan results
• Supports the Assessment and mitigation of system security threats and risks throughout the system life cycle
• Bash Scripting
• Hardening/Armoring of Linux and Windows systems using STIGs
• Managing and implementing IAVAs on Linux and Windows systems
• Network security
• Implementing Host-based firewalls
• Conducting A&A activities
REQUIRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cyber Security with at least 2 years of work experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran