High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain a Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Receptionist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
· Performs administrative support and secretarial activities
· Performs variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or human resources or for a specific project/business/technical unit. Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources
· Compiles, reviews and analyzes data
· Uses software for functional area, to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations
· May design processes to enhance work flow
· Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures
· Receives and directs visitors, employment applicants, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties
· Typically operates a single or multiple position telephone system
· Maintains a visitors’ log and issues badges when necessary
· Notifies personnel of visitor arrival
· May perform related clerical work such as word processing
· May use company intranet, paging or other computer-based systems
· Additional duties may include filing, sorting, mail distribution and completing special clerical projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· General knowledge of the job
· Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
· General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments
· Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction
· Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization
· Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation
· Consistently displays high performance attributes
· Influential with others and demonstrates superior communication and collaborative skills consistent with expectations for position
· Entry-level position
· Possess necessary computer skills to proficiently handle routine tasks
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran