Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required for this position and is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Program Manager. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for change management of our complex development programs. The PM will work within a highly-matrixed organization to manage scope changes in order to minimize unfunded scope creep by developing and implementing processes and metrics to identify, mitigate, and manage change and to lead change proposals and negotiations to ensure that the programs meet contractual and financial commitments.
As aspiring leaders, General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) believes there are several enabling behaviors that will influence your success. These behaviors will also serve as leading indicators of likely success (or difficulty), and will be used by your manager in evaluating your performance and growth as a leader, and will serve to build trust from your teams, your customer, and the organization. These behaviors are:
It is expected the successful candidate will utilize these tenants so they can build on their own essential skills and traits.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Uses proposal plans and strategies to lead team in developing, defining, and implementing cohesive, integrated program/product, subcontractor, and material plans, and business plans that achieve overall current and long term objectives of the program/product, business unit, and division.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major program roles.
• Leads the establishment an integrated WBS-based budget and schedule baselines including management reserve for programs/products that are complex in nature, high value, with a new customer, or in a new market area.
• Monitors work accomplished to baseline plans to ensure rate of work completion is sufficient to meet program/product schedules.
• Balances program risks and opportunities with executable strategies to meet technical requirements and budgets.
• Delegates assignments to others for developing solutions.
• Conducts reviews to drill down into issues on products/programs, identify issues, develop corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and corrective actions to program teams.
• Responsible for maximizing profit and cash flow of products/programs.
• Leads team to identify and quantify risks and opportunities and risk mitigation / opportunity capture activities.
• Interfaces with customers on technical matters regarding program/products.
• Identifies scope changes and develops product/program positions for equitable cost and schedule adjustments.
• Develops and executes proposal plans and strategies.
• Develops customer relationships and develops new business within the market/program.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of target customer markets and applicable technologies.
• Skilled in the development and implementation of product/program strategy and tactics.
• Ability to generate cohesive program plans.
• Ability to develop and implement a product-oriented WBS and WBS Dictionary.
• Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives.
• Ability to understand and analyze program financial data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to evaluate quality of work product to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements.
• Excellent understanding of advanced of risk and opportunity management techniques and ability to apply them to programs.
• Ability to lead teams in matrix organization.
• Excellent knowledge of government contracting practices and regulations regarding acquisition.
• Ability to develop and execute proposal plans and strategies.
• Ability to lead program in customer negotiations and negotiate win-win solutions.
• Travel will be required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran