Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required for this position and is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for execution of several production contracts for our primary core avionics program. The Sr. PM will work within a highly-matrixed organization to meet contractual and financial commitments and be the primary interface with the customer. In addition to program execution, the successful candidate with be responsible for leading and establishing process improvement initiatives for current and transitioning from development production programs.
As aspiring leaders, General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) believes there are several enabling behaviors that will influence your success. These behaviors will also serve as leading indicators of likely success (or difficulty), and will be used by your manager in evaluating your performance and growth as a leader, and will serve to build trust from your teams, your customer, and the organization. These behaviors are:
It is expected the successful candidate will utilize these tenants so they can build on their own essential skills and traits.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Uses proposal plans and strategies to lead team in developing, defining, and implementing cohesive, integrated program/product, subcontractor, and material plans and business plans that achieve overall current and long term objectives of the program/product, business area, and line of business.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major program roles.
• Leads the establishment of and sets integrated WBS-based budget and schedule baselines including management reserve for advanced development programs/products or major subcontracts where the scope is not well defined and there is significant possibility for change.
• Monitors work accomplished to baseline plans to ensure rate of work completion is sufficient to meet program/product schedules, develops corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and corrective actions to program teams.
• Develops personnel to ensure efficient operation.
• Delegates assignments to others for developing solutions.
• Sets standards for metric reviews over a family of programs/product line or within a business area.
• Responsible for maximizing profit and cash flow of products/programs.
• Prepares and presents program/product status to leadership and external customers.
• Interfaces with customers on technical matters regarding program/products.
• Leads team to identify and quantify risks and opportunities; leads risk mitigation / opportunity capture activities.
• Reviews organizational capabilities, and development/execution of strategies, to improve the competitiveness of the organization through actions such as professional growth & development, strategic hiring, strategic partnering, and acquisitions.
• Identifies market/scope changes and develops product/program positions for costs/price and feature changes or equitable cost/schedule adjustments.
• Develops and executes proposal plans and strategies.
• Develops customer relationships and develops new business within the market/program.
• May be responsible for directing the planning, proposal preparation, negotiation, budgeting, performance measurement, and profit generation of other program managers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of production program execution, development and implementation of process improvement initiatives, and of products and technologies including current and potential applications applicable technologies.
• Ability to generate cohesive program plans.
• Must be able to establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
• Ability to develop and implement a product-oriented WBS and WBS Dictionary.
• Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress, and follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends.
• Ability to understand and analyze program financial data.
• Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced of risk and opportunity management techniques and ability to apply them to programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business objectives proposal techniques, and business development for new business.
• Ability to lead teams in a matrix organization.
• Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills to solve internal, external and customer issues.
• Demonstrated understanding of business and supply chain strategy.
• Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting practices and regulations regarding acquisition.
• Outstanding relationship management and marketing skills.
• Skilled in the development and implementation of product/program strategy and tactics.
• Ability to manage/mentor others within program management discipline.
• Demonstrates proper negotiation of program/product line related decisions.
• Travel will be required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran