Bachelor’s degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Advanced Internal Communications Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
· Develops engaging employee communications using Associated Press style for a variety of vehicles, to include the employee newsletter, video scripts, blogs, announcements and intranet articles
· Works with subject matter experts across the company to produce weekly newsletter articles on business and program highlights, people-focused achievements and health and wellness topics
· Drafts internal communications for executive leadership such as emails, organizational announcements, letters, blogs, interviews and articles
· Develops and executes internal communications plans
· Edits draft materials for other writers
· Contributes to brainstorming sessions to support the editorial calendar
· Will use MS Word and PowerPoint and upload information to SharePoint
· Exercises creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
· Delivers innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers’ changing business needs
· Supports and engages in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and complies with all policies and procedures
· Follows industry trends and pursue technology innovation to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are cost competitive and superior to industry best practices
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· A seasoned, experienced professional with a clear understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
· This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position
· Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
· Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
· Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
· Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
· Candidates should demonstrate very strong written and oral communication skills
· Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Word
· Ability to work independently and to establish a strong working relationship with remote team members and subject matter experts is key
· Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles complex assignments
· Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with very little direction
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.