Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Department of Defense TS/SCI with Poly security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with Poly within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Design Assurance Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Seeking and Experienced Engineer with working knowledge of Electrical and Electronic components. Review customer PMP (Parts, Materials, and Processes) requirement documents, to ensure compliance. Ensure requirements are flowed down to engineering, manufacturing, inspection, and suppliers. Generated program mission assurance, quality and parts/material/process control plan documents. Participate in design development teams including part selection. Generate Source Control Drawings (SCD) for non-QPL/QML parts. Participate and present in many design, test, and manufacturing readiness reviews. Review and approved supplier screening, qualification, and test documents for EEE parts. Responsible for “as designed” EEE approved parts list and wrote Non-Standard Part Approval Request (NSPAR) for customer approval. Work with a large number of part suppliers and approved screening and qualification requirements, procedures, test plans, and other documents. Participate in FRBs (failure review boards). Candidate will need strong communications skills as well as technical experience and knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advises and confers with engineers in design review meetings to give part selection, analysis and test recommendations
• Generates formal technical reports per Government standards in accordance with Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) requirements
• Supports part-level failure analysis and root cause analysis and working with suppliers/projects to identify corrective action and recovery plans
• Participates in the development of Parts Control Plans
• Participates in supplier discussions to determine conformance test plans
• Participates in a Failure Review Board (FRB) as a team member
• Participates in parts stress analysis/worst case analysis efforts
• Supports Incoming Inspection by performing data reviews for high reliability parts to in accordance with Part Control and Quality Management Plans
• Participates in a FRACAS program as a team member
• Applies physics of failure technique for root cause investigations
• Assists with projects through the development and production of major programs
• Provides Supply Chain Management organization technical guidance to ensure that parts being procured match supplier capability and ensures that supplier quoted costs are reasonable based on technology, customization and required screening/testing
• Works closely with Project Leaders, Electrical/Mechanical Engineers and with other professionals within the project teams
• Utilizes Microsoft spreadsheets on a daily basis to identify, organize and manage parts and materials requirements/attributes for programs
• Occasional contact with business development functions including proposal estimating support
• Travel may be required
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran