Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required.
Department of Defense active SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected for the Test Engineer position will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a TEST ENGINEER. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
What you’ll be doing:
• Conducting subsystem and system of systems testing at our location
• Working with engineers across the program to verify our deliveries to the Navy
• Analyzing system tests functional and performance requirements
• Communicating and proactively resolving issues with engineers from other subsystems to determine where issues lie and how we can address them as a project team
• Generating technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
What we want you to bring to our team:
• Formal testing experience in a DoD systems integration environment
• Experience working pro-actively with local and remote test team members
• Solid verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with development using Agile methods and principles
• Ability to travel <20%
• Flexibility to occasionally work non-standard work schedules and shifts
• Knowledge of requirements management and system modeling tools
• Considerable knowledge of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge and experience with system processes and scripting languages
What will set you apart:
• Strong testing skills
• Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
• Solve problems and issues of significant scope and complexity
• Follow general expectations to drive work to completion
• Effectively handle complex assignments
• Provide technical direction to other employees
• Ability to sell your concepts and ideas in order to lead teams
• Aspiration to initiate and embrace process improvement
• Effectively work with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
• Experience in test and development of guidance and navigation systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran